Replastec Coil Separators
Stacking those steel coils can be dangerous if not done properly. They're heavy, slit metal coils that aren't easy to stack or transport. Replastec Coil Separators are engineered specifically for separating slit metal coils when stacked and strapped to a skid.
Load stability improvements
Replastec coil separators are made with an inner core of rigid plastic and an outer core of softer, more flexible plastic. This allows the coil edges to embed in a cushion to help prevent damage and slipping.
How much can these separators support? Over 5,000 lbs. with only 1% compression. This makes the coils highly stable and stackable at the same time. Don't trust wood or paper separators with this job, they can compress under typical coil weights. If the separators fail, the stacks will start to lean and will be a safety hazard. Who's going to want to pick up those sharp stacked coils if they fall over? Yeah, me neither.
Get rid of rust stains that typically happen when coil separators absorb water with these Replastec coil separators. They're just made with better material than the wood and paper separators. No dust, no splintering and flaking. Even better, they're usually less expensive than the other kinds of separators. Seems like an easy solution right? Most people don't know they exist, so by being hear and reading this, you're on the right path to savings.
Let's get into the details
- Shipped in 48" long pieces
- Cut into either 4" or 6" break-away segments
- Supports over 5,000 lbs. with only 1% compression
- Available in four thicknesses: 1/2", 13/16", 1", and 1-1/2". Custom sizes available for your specific operation.
- Part of the Angleboard family, so you already know about the quality of the product.
If you liked this post, GREAT! Check out our most recent articles.
Share this post
- battery powered strapping tool, coil, coil separators, flexible, load stability, load stabilization, packaging blog, Packaging Guides, packaging library, Packaging Supplies, Replastec, steel, steel strap, Strapping, strapping products, strapping tips, The Packaging Group, TPG